Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hits and Misses

From time to time I have made some predictions in my posts. After a few months, I think it's time to review those statements:
Prediction #1: "Kurt (Warner) will stay retired, I am calling it."-- Well, so far so good on this call. Obviously not much time has passes but I am feeling good on this prediction. As far as Brett Favre goes, it was just announced that he would require surgery if he aims to play in 2010-11. Stay tuned on this one. I will refrain from making a call here, but I know what I would want him to do.

Prediction #2: " I'll go ahead and say it again: Tiger Woods will NOT win another major in his career."-- 1/1 so far on this front. I will admit, Tiger's Masters performance was much stronger than I thought. That good showing makes me nervous for future tournaments, however. Tiger also failed at this past weekend's tournament at Quail Hollow. By the way, I have a significant bet riding on the fact that Tiger won't win another Major in his career. Stay tuned.

Prediction #3: I wrote an entry on who was in the running to be Oregon's next basketball head coach. While I didn't make any predictions on who it would be, I focused in on 3 main targets: Tubby Smith, Dave Rose and Randy Bennett. NONE of which were hired and rumor as it that none of the three were even contacted by the University. I did not expect Dana Altman to be the next head coach. I had heard of his name before but never would have imagined that the search would wind up with him. All in all, I am pleased with the hire.

Prediction #4-12: NHL first-round predictions-- I could not have been more wrong with my East predictions and could not have been more spot-on in my west calls. Starting in the east: Washington, Buffalo and New Jersey KILLED me!!! All three favorites ran into hot goal tending and a more physical opponent which resulted in early exits for the top three teams during the regular season. Pittsburgh was the only top seed to advance and they saved me from the goose egg in the east. In the west, a totally different story. Everything happened as I saw it, including that wild and exciting Phoenix/Detroit series that was won on experience for sure. Many of my future predictions have been ruined by my failures in the first round, but this hasn't been a very good year for me making bracket calls anyways (you should have seen my March Madness bracket).

All in all, a decent start. I'll keep you updated should any of my predictions become fulfilled or ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment